City tours will be organized on 23rd September . They are available for Congress participants free of charge.
Duration: 2h I city tour – 13.00 II city tour – 15.00
- See all the highlights of the Old Town area that made Cracow so famous.
- Starting with Barbican – the remaining fragments of city fortifications, the masterpiece of medieval military structures built in the 15th century.
- The spectacular Main Market Square with the Renaissance Cloth Hall – a perfect place to buy local souvenirs, the Town Hall Tower and St Mary’s Basilica with unique wooden masterpiece of Veit Stoss.
- Don’t miss the buildings of Poland’s oldest university, Jagiellonian University, where Nicolaus Copernicus studied.
- Wawel Hill that is dominated by the Cathedral, the Castle and the defense towers.
- Wawel Cathedral used to be the scene of coronations and is the eternal resting place of the kings of Poland.
If you are interested in taking part in city tours please book a place on-line throught your 73WFC registration account.